Friday, June 20, 2014

Healthy Soy Hamburger

 

Alright guys, today I'm going to post a recipe that I didn't plan. It only happen because when I opened up my fridge today it was missing so many ingredients to make something more elaborate that I needed to cook something real simple and fast

No, I'm not against buying frozen food I just prefer food that I make on my own, but for this time where all I had in the fridge was beer, some tomatoes, cheese and lettuce, I have open my freezer and check out what I have there. In my case I have some soy hamburgers, but you can use regular hamburger if you don't like this, or even a steak if you are lucky enough to have one.

This recipe is awesome for you to kill your interior fat kid that is dying for a hamburger but you don't wanna give up on your diet. So why not take some calories out of the way and make it without the bread. Don't worry you will love it and feel good after eat a hamburger.

Now put your skinny self in the kitchen and let's cook!

Ingredients:
1 Frozen soy hamburger
2 Slices of buffalo mozzarella (or just a regular cheese you may have home)
1 Tomato 
1/2 Red chilli pepper chopped small with no seeds
Some lettuce
Black pepper
Salt
Basil
Olive oil
Parmesan cheese (if you want)





Instructions:
In a big pan, heat up the olive oil in high heat. When it get really hot, put in the hamburger and lower a little the heat for a medium temperature to cook it inside the hamburger.  Cook both sides of the hamburger and when the hamburger is almost ready put the buffalo mozzarella over it to melt (you can cover the pan with a lid if you want to make sure the mozzarella will melt). Careful to not burn your hamburger in this stage!

While the hamburger is cooking, chop up the tomatoes into little cubes and the red chilli pepper without seeds.


In another small pan, put the chopped up tomatoes with a little olive oil, add the red chilli pepper, salt, black pepper and a little basil. Mix everything up so the tomato don't stick in the pan.

Now it's time to put the hamburger up, take a plate and put some washed lettuce leafs. Over it you put the cooked hamburger and then the tomatoes. To finish it up with style, I add some parmesan cheese.


Voila! Enjoy your skinny hamburger of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment