Friday, January 2, 2015

Mustard Dressing for Salads


I believe that for a good salad all you need is a good dressing. It doesn't matter if you get the best ingredients in the world, if the dressing is bad, it will ruin the whole salad. So, thinking about this, i decided to give to you guys this recipe for a delicious dressing made with mustard, that way you can vary a little bit more then the basic vinegar + olive oil. You have in your kitchen a lot of possibilities for great dressings, all that is stopping you is only your creativity! So let's work!

Usually when I make the dressing for my salads I don't have exact quantities for the ingredients, it varies according to the quantity of salad I have or the taste I have on that day, so even that I put the quantity here please keep tasting your dressing while seasoning it to make sure it is according to your taste.

Ingredients:
Salt
Black pepper
Olive oil
Vinegar
1 table spoon of dijon mustard (in case you don't have the dijon option, you can use the regular mustard with honey and a pinch of mayonnaise)
1 garlic glove chopped really small



Instructions:

In a little jar (I am using a jam jar I kept for myself for this dressing recipe), put in the dijon mustard and the garlic, then add the olive oil and the vinegar - always put double the amount of olive oil compared to  the amount of vinegar. Then add the salt and a good amount of black pepper. Close the jar with the lid and then shake it well. That should do for the mixing. Try the dressing and see if it is good for your taste and add more salt or mustard in case you need it.





Tip: this dressing goes really well with parmesan cheese, lettuce and tomatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment